Saturday, December 24, 2011

BrimCC Organic Soup and Japanese cafe review

Chicken curry and rice with tofu salad set $9.50


 BrimCC is situated at Shop 2, 601 Little Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000.

I have heard alot about this place from Urbanspoon and have decided to check it out with friends during lunchtime. The place was packed when we got there. We noticed alot of office people queuing for food in this small cafe.
Buckwheat pancake (gluten free) $8

Finally we got to the counter to order and I had  chicken curry with rice, which comes with a tofu salad. The chicken curry was nice - with generous chunks of chicken. The salad was freshly made with an asian style dressing. For drinks I ordered cold green tea.
For dessert, we ordered the buckwheat pancake which was delicious! It had blueberries, strawberries and bananas. It is a vegetarian option here so I am guessing the syrup is either maple/agave. It is moderately sweet - not too overwhelming for my taste buds.






Soup: Borscht, russian style beef soup with beetroot $8
For my second visit, I came with my partner for an early dinner. I wanted to avoid the lunch and dinner crowds. The cafe more peaceful and quiet at 530pm. I ordered the Borscht soup which was amazing - generous portions of beef in the soup. I highly recommend it.
It came with bread and I didn't eat much of it as I have wheat intolerance. My partner ordered a beef dinner set (rice with beef curry & beef patty) which came with borscht soup, raw vegetable sticks (carrots, cucumber and celery) with a dip that had a hint of wasabi. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the set, I'm sure it's easy to find on their dinner menu.

Tips: Avoid the lunch crowd, the cafe is small and it is hard to get a seat.
Overall rating: 8/10
Service: 4/5
Ambience: 3/5 cafe is too small, you feel claustrophobic during peak hours
Food: 4/5
BrimCC Organic Soup and Japanese cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment