Thursday, January 3, 2013
1) Stay hydrated : Drink adequate water, when traveling ensure that you have your water bottle with you. Drinks like: Coconut water, chilled green tea and peppermint tea are ideal. Consume raw fruit/vegetables in a salad and watermelon juice for this hot weather.
2) Stay in the shade: Avoid going out in the sun between 12 noon to 3pm when the sun is scorching. Do your best to avoid a heat stroke, choose indoor activities around this time.
3) Wear appropriate clothes - cotton and thin layers to allow sweat to evaporate easily.
4) Keep home blinds and doors closed in the afternoon to prevent heat from entering the house. In the evening, open doors and windows to allow the cool change to enter the house.
5) Look out for fire hazards in your garden and home - e.g. extremely dry grass.