Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pineapple & Coconut goodness

The first time I was introduced to this perfect combination was back in Uni - we had a cooking demo.It was delicious and I kept craving it after.

The benefits of consuming the pineapple core is the presence of Bromelain - which is an anti inflammatory. Pain is a sign of inflammation and bromelain is perfect in combating it. I experimented in consuming this smoothie during my menstrual cycle to reduce menstrual cramps - I was surprised by its effectiveness. Do experiment on this recipe and let me know if it works for you too.

Pineapple & Coconut smoothie


Serves 3-4
Quarter a pineapple, core inclusive
200 mls Ayam brand Coconut milk
500 mls chilled filtered water

Use a sharp knife and cut away the pineapple skin. Cut the pineapple into small cubes and place into blender. Add coconut milk  and water. Blend on high - serve chilled!

P.S. as pineapple can numb the taste buds, I recommend consuming this smoothie away from your main meal.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment